The Evanosky Foundation team ran the 2011 Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon in Chicago! This 13.1 mile race on August 14, 2011 featured musical entertainment every mile along the flat course that traveled through Chicago’s downtown and the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan.
Over the past several years, the marathons and half marathons have been significant fundraisers for the Foundation:
- In 2005, the first year we participated, runners Mike DuVall and Mark Matsuo raised nearly $15,000, with the proceeds used for the Duke Laptop Project.
- In 2006, The Evanosky Foundation was accepted as an associated charity of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, and we raised over $20,000.
- Our Team Evanosky runners nearly doubled our previous efforts in 2007 and raised over $38,000!
- In 2008, we also had runners in the Chicago Distance Classic Half Marathon, and both teams raised a combined $20,000 to benefit The Evanosky Foundation’s programs.
- In 2009, Team Evanosky runners raised $25,000, with proceeds primarily benefitting The House of Hope program
- Runners raised nearly $10,000 in 2010
What will you get by joining our team?
- You will be assigned a MLD Hero, who is a child currently battling MLD. In most cases, you will be able to correspond with your child’s family and/or follow their progress on the Internet. Some runners have made a special effort to visit their Hero and both they and the families have found it very rewarding.
- Prior to race day, you will receive an Evanosky Foundation race shirt.
- You will have your own fundraising web page, where you can tell your story, post pictures, track your donations and share your progress on Facebook, Twitter and other sites.
- You will receive sample e-mails and letters that you can use for ideas to develop your fundraising communications, and a personalized fundraising flier.
- Each donation is tax deductible and each donor will receive a thank you letter and receipt from The Evanosky Foundation. Donations can also be accepted by check.
- You will receive the satisfaction of knowing that YOU made a difference in a child’s life!